3.16.2005

marathons and wedding bells

running is always a reinvigorating activity as much as I hate it at the time. I got out today after slacking off for a couple weeks and going for a run definitely changed my day. I really need to make this a consistent habit. I'm hoping to be able to run the Columbus Marathon in October. I think the most exciting thing about being able to run it would be the fact that it means I'll have disciplined myself in something, which is really a challenge for me outside of spiritual habits. Sometimes, I have a hard time taking care of myself, physically, financially, or just running errands or cleaning up because I get caught up in ministry. However, when those areas of my life are in disarray it profoundly impacts my personal walk with God and ministry. I need to remember this.

also, last night I felt more honored than almost any point in my life. Liz, my good friend from MD, who was basically my sister in middle and high school asked me to officiate her wedding ceremony in June. It is an incredible thing to be invited to help lead one of the most sacred moments in someones existence. Just to be part of this process gets me excited, nervous, and joyful. I can't wait for June 11th (although it means I have to miss Kyle's wedding, forgive me Kyle, but at least I'm not Jimi and missing everyones weddings). The wedding will be back in my hometown of Brunswick, MD, so I'll see a lot of old friends which will be great. Maybe its my pride, but honestly, it is kind of cool to have the chance to go back home and be officiating a wedding. I think for me it helps validates the fact that I'm no longer just a kid. Although, in some ways it would be nice to have the first wedding I officiate not be for someone who is so dear to my heart. That just ups the pressure., but thats the way I like it.

3 comments:

jimi said...

you know, i think that being on anotherfreakingcontinent (yes that was intentionally one word for emphasis) is a good excuse.

jed dearing said...

maybe for an acquaintance, but not a friend. lol

jimi said...

Round trip is about $2800. So lets see, you, Tim, Cisco, Gillis...nope, not gonna happen.