3.01.2005

flipping pages

I've been reading Romans 4 the past two weeks and in my studies I came across this great quote.
"Faith," for Paul is never a thing in itself, but is always defined, as Romans 4:16-22 makes clear, in relation to the God in whom trust is placed.

Jimi, my friend, roomie, and blogging extraordinaire who truthfully hates Unbreakable, started a conversation a couple months ago about whether or not there was any truth outside of relational truth....
I think these words belong in the conversation. I am doing a little digging through the scriptures to see where else this is emphasized. Somewhat related, I really like the idea of our faith being in Yahweh, not the works he does for us or his promises, but in Him. Its a slight shift in some ways but I think it has major ramifications in how we build our relationship with Yahweh.

More and more I have been waking up excited about rediscovering who this Jesus is that I trust and how he reflects Yahweh and His faithfulness to the world. Listening again to his words and paying closer attention to his actions in the Gospels has me excited about telling His story and I realize that the questions this world has are answered in the revelation of Jesus Christ.

No comments: