3.13.2005

full

wow, this was a whirlwind weekend.
It was great to be able to truly surprise TJ for his 18th birthday. Enjoy the XBox my friend. Hanging with the crew from North that have been part of my life for the 4 years I've lived here was special. Its wild that they are all graduating this spring. A great season in my life is winding down. Speaking of that, the Destructo Machines Grand Finale is Monday, 4:30, in the Sports Barn at Easton. If you want to see a great indoor soccer battle you need to be there. This is Senior Night for a lot of the crew. It'll be intense.

Perhaps even as intense as the Jack Parker/Billy D concert at Brewsters which was a great collection of Zep, catchy pop riffs from the mid 90's, and badly sung love songs by Billy. Maybe 2 of the funniest and most authentic guys I know. Somehow I always feel at home with them, I've always appreciated the way they are just who they are in spite of what anyone may think, whether good or bad.

I really appreciate Pastor Brian (despite the fact he erased the episodes of 24 I haven't seen, if anyone has them recorded, for the love of all thats right, let me know!), he came out to Panera and shared with our adult volunteer team this morning his perspective on evangelism. It is just simple and healthy. I've been to thousands ofevangelism trainings but today I came away feeling empowered and comfortable with the role I play in the process. Sometimes I feel like we really intimidate people with all we throw at them when really they just need to be aware of God's story, how that story has impacted their life, and to be discerning of the right time and place to share pieces of both those stories within authentic friendships.

Thanks to any of you who were praying for the message at CT this week, I was real excited about what God laid on my heart and the interaction I was able to have with folks afterwards. This was definitely a meaningful message for my life, hopefully some others felt the same.

Countdown to Boston Trip: 4 days:9 Hours

East Coast here I come!

PS - I got to eat New China twice this weekend, always a blessing.

No comments: