2.21.2007

Jesus the Liar

If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his Word has no place in our lives. 1 John 1:10

I don't know that I've ever considered the idea that I am framing Jesus as a liar when I disregard confession and claim a false holiness. This is a challenging verse. I don't think I want to be in the camp that calls Jesus a liar. I've always focused more on verse 9 which is his promise to purify us should we confess, not this verse.

In light of that last verse read these words from David.

Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge.


Cool Connection. David acknowledges his weakness, the truthfulness of God, and the rightness of God's Word.

1 comment:

laurannyoung said...

good one. like it jed. glad you're posting.