2.26.2007

initial musings

a few notes from lent thus far...

i woke up this morning after dreaming about sportscenter and analyzing the events which happened in the highlights. I clearly needed to fast from sports.

Hebrews 10 speaks of holding to the hope we profess....I want to talk hope with people more often, to dream about what God will do both in this age and the next.

I'm glad Pavi is at Heritage. I'm hoping he'll be a catalyst for some real change. His arrival is one of the things that makes me sad about leaving staff. I feel like I could learn a lot from him. I'll see what I can milk out of 3 months. that sounds a little selfish. I'm learning how selfish I am these days. that leads to today's devotional.

Warren's line, "real love is making your problem, my problem," is easy for me to think about when it comes to inner city ministry. However, it is not so easy when it comes to Hannah. I expect her to be like me and often invalidate any of her problems because I don't feel they are legitimate. I don't understand why she feels the way she does, so I leave her in the dust by demanding she change (feel differently about a situation). Boy am I a jerk.

God, help me to take the time to get behind Hannah's feelings and come to understand what drives her, and when I don't understand to gracefully allow her to navigate her way through situations uniquely.

No comments: