2.05.2007

--Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city. -- Proverbs 16:32

This is a hard one for me to believe sometimes. Coming out of Pastor Brian's message yesterday I was really challenged. His hypothetical area for spiritual change was patience, which happens to be the very thing that I need growth in. Thanks BJ...

I've been studying passages on patience today. Oftentimes I feel like being patient means giving up, both in relational conflicts and career decisions. I want to win and move on to the next thing, oftentimes leaving a trail of dead in my path as I abandon love and commitment for accomplishment.

-- A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.-- Proverbs 19:11

-- So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it. -- Colossians 3:12 (The Message)

No comments: