2.06.2006

oh my goodness

what a great weekend...

stole away with 11 great friends to a couple beautiful cabins in the mountains of MD. We hit the slopes of the Wisp Ski Resort, I was reminded of what a mountain was. Gosh I miss them. I was able to handle the black diamonds better than ever, boarding with Diddy and Ryder definitely pushed me. At the end of Saturday afternoon I was heading down the steepest slopes at my own choice. It is great to be forced to grow at something, peer pressure can be the best thing. I loved getting to cook breakfast and dinner together and eat with one another while being warmed by the woodstove. We enjoyed pancakes, eggs, chicken, potatoes, beer, and wine (Tim, the Honeymoon was great as always). The poker battle was fantastic, although I didn't fare so well (foiled by Hamp again!!) I have a great group of friends who are so relaxed and at ease with life, even when ski's are stolen of ribs are bruised or broken. I like hanging with folks who can enjoy themselves even in the midst of a bittersweet life.

On top of all of it, my heart is definitely being awakened by Hannah. Being with her causes me to want to follow Jesus with all I have and make space for the transofrming work of the Spirit more than ever. I so appreciated how she jumped right in with my friends and was at ease whether with or without me throughout the weekend.

I'm going car shopping tomorrow, pray for me - need something by this Sunday.

No comments: