2.12.2006

good 24 hours

Hustle & Flow was good, I came close to crying twice and I loved the creation of the music. Its definitely not a movie which challenges the lifestyle of a pimp, but it does a good job of showing the realities within it. The acting was great. Anthony Anderson totally surprised me, every role I see him in normally consists of him playing the big clumsy/goofy black guy, but he had a great turn in this, refined that character well.

I had some great conversations with young and old, along with meeting a lot of new people during all the services this weekend and Pastor Brian had some quality things to share about love, it must be defined, demonstrated, and duplicated. he was rocking the aliteration. simple, but good - communion was real meaningful. I also really enjoyed the short but sweet time with the adult leaders of CT tonight, I love my team - they all bring so much to the table, and what can you say about Team Carl! I had a great surprise when I got to spend some good time with Hannah tonight, didn't think i would, then our schedules worked out. She watched the Chili Peppers Live at Slane Castle dvd with me, listened to me gush about them, and is still with me. she must like me.

2 comments:

jimi said...

again i say - you better hang on to her. The question is...can she handle watching that again tomorrow. And the next day. And the next. And...

jed dearing said...

you've got a point :)

btw - i knew you'd comment on this post, i almost threw you a line in the post.