8.24.2005

ron burgundy is a very important man

while in NYC 3 weeks ago I discovered the joy of "Anchorman," a movie I'd seen a year ago and not really laughed at. This time I couldn't stop rolling in laughter - It has quickly climbed into my top 10 all time comedy list with "The Man Who Knew too Little," "Nothing to Lose," "Big Daddy," "Best in Show," "Billy Madison," "Dirty Work," "Napoleoon Dynamite," "The Life Aquatic," and "Office Space."

The great elements of that movie were the costumes, the sweet cameos (Tim Robbins, Luke Wilson, Jack Black, and Ben Stiller), the little things that Will Ferrell did to make you forget Will Ferrell was in the movie (he became Ron Burgundy), the supporting cast was hilarious and all seemed comfortable in their roles (they weren't stretching or trying to steal scenes), it is an incredibly quotable movie, and of course, Fred Willard was involved which is always a good thiing. I feel like this is a movie I will be quoting with friends (or by myself) for years.

I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. Ron Burgundy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have finally found the joy of anchorman. i dont know if there is a funnier scene in movie history that can compare to punting baxter off the bridge. that film has profoundly infulenced my life as a result of it's hilarity. i shall quote with you lines from this motion picture until we are eventually shot after repeating " i love lamp" the 1000678500th time.