8.29.2005

10,000 without their pillow

so as I lay here in bed on my comfortable pillow my heart is crying out for those 10,000 without homes in Louisiana tonight - as the church how do we respond? destruction is everywhere.The world is trapped within the book of Jeremiah as cities continue to be tore down and rebuilt. It will be amazing to one day see a great city built and have no fear of destruction.

and the ransomed of the LORD will return.
They will enter Zion with singing;
everlasting joy will crown their heads.
Gladness and joy will overtake them,
and sorrow and sighing will flee away.
- Luke 1 (Zechariah's Song)

Jesus,I can't wait for your return and the great renewal of your creation. I look forward to celebrating with all created things which groan now for the next age to be ushered in. I know its been asked before but come quickly Jesus, restore the world, set things right, and in the meantime show us how we might prepare the way for you, that your arrival might be the cause for the biggest celebration the world had ever seen.