8.12.2005

The Chronicles of 8.4.05-8.11.05: Part One

Thursday.8.4.05

In an attempt to remember this last week, I'm going to be spewing my thoughts out here because I tend to be bad at journaling. So I'll be going day by day with a lot of details and running items that might bore you, but are important for me to keep in mind.

Basically, the CT crew gave me coolest gift ever, a blue ipod mini at my 23rd bday party. This was definitely one of my favorite parties ever. Old friends from CT back in the day, folks from my life group which I have been sadly absent from all summer, good friends, and even several enemies (you know who you are) made it out for a raucous celebration.

I can't tell you how excited I am to have an ipod - how can 23 not be a good year, it was Michael Jordan's number. Although, Carl did make a wise observation that I probably shouldn't try my hand at baseball.

The first sign that this is going to be a great year was when I was able to beat my ultimate rival, Danny in 2 games of ping pong. He has had a NY Yankees like run of dominance over me in our competition the last year so the time has come for me to pull a Boston Red Sox type move and run off a string of victories.

Kim, Kelly, and Paige did an incredible job decorating the house, baking cakes, and apparently inviting the world to come hang out- they have a solid career ahead of them as party planners.

I put out "washers" for people to play and I believe the game is going to catch on big time. I need to make sure to catch up with Ethan son and see how he is doing.

The evening wound down with Dolla, Jim, and DMoney watching Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey - I'm glad we've left the early 90's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jed, I as well am excited you have an ipod. Who cares if your party wasn't really a surprise? At least the gift was. And good thing you decided what I would be when I grow up...

Anonymous said...

seeing you excited about the ipod, was probably a highlight of the summer. congradulations on your new companion..