11.17.2005

killing the natural man

I'm heading off to Nashville for the National Youth Workers Convention with Ryder, Laura Squared, Root, Diddy, and MR. Clean. It should be a sweet time praying, dreaming, learning, and worshipping together.

I'm realizing that all the things that I'm naturally good at are no longer part of my job. That both frightens and excites me. I'm frightened because it is going to take a lot of work to do my job now and it is in new areas where I can't compensate with natural abilities, so failure will come with the territory. I'm excited because I grow or die. What propels me forward is that this is God's call for my life and now I'm just at a place where I am going to need to cry out to him for his empowerment all the more, because I can't rely on myself. the natural man is dying.

No comments: