11.19.2005

elegant & tired

so, my internet accountability software was holding me up from connecting to the wireless network in our hotel, so I apologize for the silence.

we've been having a great time as a team down here. last night while the Laura's were at the "women in ministry," dinner us guys went to a pub, enjoyed some great food and then bought very, very manly cowboy hats. I'm gonna throw it out, you can take it or leave it...we look great in cowboy hats, pics are coming.

Furthermore, Doug Fields gave a good message last night on the importance of saying no and staying in silence, something that has resonated with me since I began taking a sabbath last May. I really appreciated his authenticity as well as the way he had no problem being a bit of a jerk on stage. He said what he felt or thought and it was quite refreshing. He definitely didn't play to the audience. I was a little surprised by PAgitt's message this morning. I was eager to hear him share and let me tell you, he taught the Word well. Acts 10-11, the story of Peter's conversion to God's plan. However, I was hoping he'd be a little more provocative. I wanted to have someone share that would push my buttons, cause me to question my faith, and stir the crowd. So I guess I want to hear Jesus. There were a couple good nuggets from Doug, here's one, "maybe your orthodoxy isn't where God is going in the future."

Crowder has been delivering each and every session - the musical creativity is as fresh as his lyrics....thanks David.

Watching the OSU/UM game right now, watching Laura Brown go through hell as her inards are apparently being ripped out.....tough game, but at least they are in the lead. Laura has a crush on AJ Hawk, it is sad.....

No comments: