11.17.2005

bono, jess, Pinot Grigio, and J. Crew

I'm watching the new U2, live in Chicago dvd right now. Talk about soul stirring. Currently, an acoustic version of "Yahweh," is ringing out from my speakers. Their entire concert was the gospel manifested in their music and words, it was pretty beautiful to listen to. I can only imagine what a spiritual experience their show must be in person. I have found myself breaking out in prayer a couple times at home here.

Tonight I finished my first 9 weeks of classes, so the U2 dvd was a gift to myself. I pulled an A on my final tonight, so I also bought a nice bottle of white wine, a rotisserie chicken, loaf of french bread, and container of strawberries, crashed out on my couch and enjoyed the sweet sounds of the most enduring rock band still touring today ("40," is playing right now, it is the last song in their encore set, fitting song to finish with).

I got a call from Jess D. today asking how wide my shoulders were because she was buying me a Christmas present (presumably a shirt or jacket of some kind). Anyways, tonight I dropped by J. Crew for the first time since my sister bought me a coat from there in August of 04. I bought this nice green zip up sweater. Well, I was talking to Jess on my way home and told her what I bought tonight (mind you, this was honestly my first time going clothes shopping since January when I bought 2 t-shirts from Kohl's), and the sweater I bought was the same one she bought for me earlier in the day as a Christmas present. How funny is that? Needless to say, she freaked out.

Great evening....

No comments: