12.23.2005

Christmas Weekend

So I'm about to head out to MI, it should be a good trip. My brother Ben and I will head up and hang with my Dad's family who all live in a little town just off of 69. MY Dad's sisters and parents and their families all get together every Saturday for coffee and doughnuts. It would be pretty special to have that kind of connection with family. Since I've been 9 I've never lived within an hour and a half of family, and now, forget it. I had hoped that moving to Ohio would make it easier to connect with my Dad's family, but 4 hours is still a decent distance.

Last night I had a great dinner with a few friends at the Olde Mohawk down in the German Village. We got there at 7 and shut the place down, not leaving until midnight. It's been awhile since I've had that good an extended dinner conversation. And the food...always fantastic.

I'll be back on Monday, then on Wednesday I'm heading down to a cabin in Hocking Hills with a Bible, notebook, and another book to simply be with God - I'm excited.

No comments: