9.28.2005

Thoughts on George Bush

So what do you think of this? I've really been wrestling through Geroge Bush's presidency and how I should view/speak of him...

There are so many conflicting reports and opinions and it is hard to separate the two, but I tend to agree with Frederick's thoughts.

September 19, 2005

THIS SHALLOW, reckless, monolithically complacent man who touts his belief in the philosophy of Jesus but advocates tax cuts for the richest of the rich instead of succor for the poorest of the poor, who has entangled us in an unnecessary, unwinnable, and increasingly murderous war against shadows, who consistently favors the interests of big business over those of the imperiled environment, and appoints an official of the International Arabian Horse Association to be in charge of managing horrors like Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath, surely the second George Bush is not the only one to blame for his insane and tragic chapter in our history, but it is hard to imagine a more appropriate symbol of it than the never-to-be-forgotten Mission Accomplished dance he did on the carrier's deck for all the world as though he really believed it.

FREDERICK BUECHNER
Pawlet, Vt.

2 comments:

Cisco said...

Well Jed I am kind of suprised to see such a statement on your site. I am undecided about some things Doublya has done. I still think terry bartley should be president, and noel as vice...ponder that...if you will...

jed dearing said...

I certainly wrestle through the validity of statements made about Bush. My agreement with Buechner primarily focuses on the way Christians seem to side with Bush quickly because he is a Christian and seem to blindly overlook some choices he has made that are as important to me as some of the family value driven reasons that garner so much support for his presidency. I still voted for Bush and even at this point I can't say that I would vote for Kerry.