9.26.2005

solid: part II

so a couple of weeks ago I wrote about the encouragment that comes from sitting down with women of God who have walked with him for years.

another encouraging but hard element of being in the community of God is when older men sit down with you and challenge you. when they aren't afraid to call foolishness, foolishness, and leave you feeling convicted but still a man. I got that twice tonight. God knows what I need I guess and it was good. It makes me want to keep my eyes focused on Jesus all the more, because he is the author and perfector of my faith and there is nothing I long for more than to continue to grow close to him, to live in the love of the father, the way of the son, and the strength of the spirit.

if you don't have older men and women in your life, get them, now! and let them into your world , remove your masks - change will be inevitable.

1 comment:

janell said...

That is one thing I wish Kairos had... older men and women.