9.30.2005

More politics

So I believe that we needed to go to war with Irag when we did, I don't believe much foresight was given as to what we would encounter when we arrived. Despite the lies about WMD's I think it is a great thing that we were able to free the people from an unjust dictator who mercilessly took the lives of many. However, as we have continued on I keep hearing reports that the majority of our troops will be out by such and such date only to have that continue to be prolonged and more money requested from Congress. Do I believe we can just pull out? No. Do I believe we've done some lasting good in Afghanistan and Irag the last 4 years, yeah (much more than gets reported). that quote I posted the other day We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones.- Francois de La Rochefoucauld, I feel like this has happened a lot with our situation in Iraq and we just keep uncovering more and more issues as we go along.

I will give Bush props for the clean air policy that is in place. The air is cleaner, it is a healthy balance of guidelines and some shoddy reporting has been done causing his administration to look like they actually want to poison the air when in fact America is in pretty good shape there right now.

1 comment:

The Sasquatch said...

Which lies about WMD?