6.13.2006

the presence of God among the sick

Bonhoeffer writes about the importance of the minister regularly spending time with the sick because it administers God's presence.

Today God was present with me through the community of Christ. So I can hardly move around without my body starting to shake or needing to lay down and sleep for a couple hours and I had to go to campus for tutoring today because I've missed 2 classes. It was going to be a hard day.

Well, This morning Mari Hall came over and did my grocery shopping for me and wiped down our counters. Then Rootdown came over, made me lunch, and we had a great chance to share our hearts with each other. Following that Francine's small group including co leader Kelly Young, Katie Pakizer, and Anna Rimelspach brought me pasta, salad, breadsticks, dairy free chocolate chip oookies, and so much fruit, including melon. Then the ladies mowed our jungle like lawn.

On top of this I (tangent-I might be watching the evolution of Dwyane Wade right now, in 1 minute we'll know) come outside to the car, a bit fearful of how my body will hold up having to go out for so long and my car didn't start. So Kelly Young gives me a ride to and from class and while I'm in class she calls Andrew Sharp for me and he comes over to check out my car.

Tonight, Nate England grabbed me vitamins from GNC and Laura Young picked me up two movies from Blockbuster and I got to hear a cool story from her. Then of course, my lovely came over and prepared dinner for me and got me set for bed, even preparing my dinner in advance for me because I have to go into class for over 3 hours tomorrow night (please be praying).

How blessed am I? God has been so good in the middle of a draining day. I am going to sleep a lot tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone who gave and has been giving so much time and energy over the last 2 1/2 weeks. I don't know how I would have made it this far without you.

No comments: