3.06.2006

guess who's back

I couldn't have scripted a better Sunday.

Church was a blast, we were focusing on the contemplative stream of faith today and it was so good to take time to practice lectio divina together as a church and simply spend time in silence. Jim did a great job preaching and teaching today. I felt like we equipped folks well to begin to explore a contemplative life.

I had announcments this morning, which were short and simple, i liked that and because it was the contemplative week i wasn't supposed to be funny, which can be difficult at times.

I also had the chance to teach at SML for the first time and I had a good time in there sharing about Theresa of Avila and her writings on The Interior Castle. You can read the whole book here if you are interested in pursuing spirituality a little more. Theresa was a nun within the Catholic church who developed a profound personal relationship with God through a contemplative life.

Following church I got to take Tyler Stevenson out for lunch and we had a good chance to connect over some New China Express and NCAA 2006. I also had a great conversation with his Mom which really confirmed some promptings i've been feeling from God towards a neighborhood in Columbus.

CT was excellent, Ryder did a great job setting up the 4 Rooms contemplative experience for our students tonight. I was manning the unofficial 5th room which was for journaling and while in there God really led 4 guys to sit down with me and we had some incredible conversations and times of prayer. it was quite the reminder of why i'm in student ministry.

Finally, to top it off, I came home to Pork BBQ, rice, green beans, a bottle of Pinot Noir, dairy free ice cream, and peaches all prepared by my beautiful girlfriend, Hannah. Quite the way to end the day.

No comments: