1.19.2006

the slopes

if you live in Columbus the stars are beautiful tonight.....be sure to take a peek.

I had the chance to snowboard tonight, which was a great time. It was my first time on the slopes in 4 years and it felt like I had just stepped off, i was real surprised. I wasn't smooth, but I didn't fall often or have to pull up alot. It was nice to ease back into snowboarding at a hill like Mad River--how I long for the Appalachians.... I rode up with Fletcher and Taylor, real solid conversation with them. We talked a lot about how envy drives us and its consequences in our hearts and in the lives of those around us. good stuff. Met up with Brandon and Hannah when we got there, Brandon completed his first successful run down the hill with no spills- he improved at a quick pace tonight.

All in all it was a great warm up for what should be a fantastic trip to the WISP in MD, the first weekend of February. I am so excited for that trip. It will be a great group of friends and we will be staying at these sweet log cabins in New Germany State Park.

I'm pumped for broomball tomorrow - should be a solid evening. 8:30-10:30, we have the chiller rented out. peace....

No comments: