4.14.2005

death and taxes "literally"

its amazing how I'll wait til April 14th to do something that takes an hour, especially when I'm getting money back. I think I have a psychological disorder when it comes to doing paperwork.

I came home from taking care of my City of Westerville taxes, which they'll do for you at their office (how awesome is that, especially for someone allergic to forms) and my driveway had been chalked by the killer k's, Kim and Kelly. It definitely brought a smile to my face, it has been awhile since I've been chalked.

so after taking an evening to think through Grandmommy's death I came across this verse while reading in the Psalms the next morning. ...

Weeping may go on all night,
but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5

And it is true, it was a good day, a joyful morning in fact . Sometimes a good nights rest is just what you need to clear your head and steady your heart. Not that a new day brought forgetfulness but that it gave me the chance to think clearly without being caught up in the emotion during the day of discovering her death.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jed, it was an honor to stalk you and decorate your driveway :-) Have an awesome weekend!

Anonymous said...

wow, the killer k's.... that's eXtreme!! im so honored!

jed dearing said...

I'm not sure how I feel about being stalked, but thanks, I think.

kelly, do you have a blog?

Anonymous said...

I mean, we only stalk the people worth stalking, so I'd say it's an honor.