4.13.2005

72 down

so my Great Grandmother passed away Monday night. she is the first person who I've genuinely cared for and who has genuinely cared for me who has passed away. The first person who physically cared for me and who I've physically cared for. There is something about touch that makes a bond so much greater. Whether it was her holding my hand hanging out in DC when I was 4 or me helping her up the stairs of my parents house as she entered her late eighties those moments of physically helping each other are vibrant memories which have really caused me to contemplate the end of this season of her existence. what is hard for me is the fact that she probably didn't know Yahweh. this has caused me to really consider Yahweh's justice and whether or not I trust in him and his goodness and fairness in light of the separation from Yahweh she might now be experiencing.

3 comments:

Cisco said...

jed i had no idea, i am really sorry man. I will be preying for you and your family

Cisco said...

i meant praying, it sounds so evil to say preying.

jed dearing said...

thanks bro...for not preying on me