5.16.2007

you should probably buy "weekend in the city."

As I have been spending time in my room in prayer I had music on in the background. during a moment of flipping opening the scriptures these words raced from the stereo through the speakers into my ears, and my heart was flooded with thankfulness for God's revelation and its unchanging relevance for the world. they come from "prayer," by Bloc Party.


"I am a martyr, I just need a motive
I am a martyr, I just need a cause
I'm a believer, I just need a motive
I'm a believer, I just need a cause

We're finding it hard to be alone
We're finding it hard to break the mould
We're finding it hard to excite myself
We have nothing at all to say

Uniform

There was a sense of disappointment as we sped away
All the young people looked the same"


this will continue to be a rich time of prayer......it is lyrics like this that move my awakened heart to watch out for the sleeping world.

No comments: