10.01.2005

12 hours of earth as it is in heaven

from 9:30 last night to 9:30 this morning was better than Christmas. I honestly don't know that many 12 hour periods of my life have surpassed the beauty of what I experienced. First, Matt and I cruised up and saw Oasis at Blossom. Liam is one arrogant man and it is great on stage. In the words of Matt, "Noel is a consumate professional." Noel was appropriately decked out in a tie and he didn't even look like he was trying at the guitar, yet it emitted the most hauntingly gorgeous tones that sent my soul soaring. At the end of the show people started rushing the stage and Liam would shake their hands and hug them while the band rocked out in the background. Oasis is Rock'n'Roll at its finest.

Matt and I then travel home and crash out at about 1:30 only to wake up at 5:30, meet some friends and cruise down to Grove City to wait in line for the Augsburg Fortress Press Warehouse Booksale. LEt me tell you, it was worth the two hour wait in line until the warehouse opened and we descended upon it like a hawk screaming down upon its prey. Every paperback $1, hardback $2. I bought 70 books. I have 7 new Molmann books, the whole NT Wright trilogy plus "The Climax of the Covenant." I came away with a bunch of Brueggemann, Sanders, and many more NT and OT studies. I'm also real excited about 15-20 books I picked up on social justice, restoring the earth, and racial reconciliation. What a day, I can't describe the euphoria as I sit here and gaze at pile in front of me. I won't need to buy another book until their next sale in April and hat might even be too soon.

Now, on to watch the SOX destroy the yanks.

No comments: