6.24.2005

the last 3 weeks

it has been a little while, but since June 5th I...
1. took a trip back to MD with the graduating senior guys, a great time of hiking and camping in the mountains and on the beach as well as catching up with my family,
2. had the privelege of sharing at my first
wedding ceremony for a dear friend from back in MD (another cool part was my sister being the wedding photographer, her first time as well, I'll post pics when I get them)
3. giving the message for the citywide SIP kickoff at Linworth which was a blast, a great night of worship,
4. throwing a bachelor party which physically scarred my great friend Brian who I was a groomsmen for last weekend (the wedding was still beautiful, as was he).
5. sharing a couple messages with the Heritage summer interns including one on what it means to be "a church for the poor," which I was really excited about.
6. hearing Ryder give a great message at CT
7. traveling to Pittsburgh to visit Arian and her family before she jetted off to NYC for the summer
8. found out I'm preaching on John 6:60-71 at Heritage during the 8:15 service July 10th. (wake up early and come support a brother if you can)
9. Reading through the book of Luke and loving it, very challenged....
10. falling in love with my new roommates and the sweet classic video gaming room we set up which includes Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, and Sega CD. If anyone has a Super Nintendo they'd like to contribute, we'll gladly accept donations.
11. crying over the Pistons loss to the Spurs. (but the O's and Nat's are still in first place baby!!!! It is a Baltimore/Washington Renaissance)
12. Dissapointed by Coldplay's latest effort but completely rocking out to the Foo Fighters 1st disk from their new album.
13. not throwing up at Cedar Point for the first time in 3 years!
14. now I'm packing up to leave for Honduras Sunday morning June 26th through Sunday night July 3rd and trying to tie up all the loose ends with HSLT.

I'd appreciate your prayers, there will be a team of 15 of us going to build a tortilla factory, love on orphans, share the gospel, and provide for the physical needs of the people of Limon. thanks

Peace,
Jed

No comments: